Country Roads of Bavaria, Switzerland & Austria - Classic Group, 2022
Country Roads Of Bavaria, Switzerland & Austria – Classic Group, 2022
Surprisingly, the vineyards, gabled shop fronts and opulent palaces play second fiddle to the scenery. Experience the magical, unrivalled beauty of the Alpine world, on-board the enthralling Glacier Express.
- Munich: What better way to start your journey than a Welcome Dinner at a typical German local restaurant, Donisl restaurant.
- Vienna: For your dining pleasure, you are offered a selection of Vienna’s vibrant restaurants. With drinks, a delicious 3-course dinner and Glühwein in abundance, your Dine-Around Evening is a culinary experience not to be missed.
- Stanserhorn: A spectacular journey by cable car and cogwheel railway takes you to the summit. Enjoy expansive mountain views over Lake Lucerne for your special Celebration Dinner. Fill your glasses with wine and toast to newfound friends.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Vienna: Choose between a guided tour of Schönbrunn Palace or alternatively, join your Local Expert to stroll through the manicured ground and the 18th century Crown Prince Garden.
Top Rated Highlights
- Munich: See Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St. Peter’s Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- Scenic Drives: Your journey ventures through the Bavarian Alps, along the German Alpine Road, through the Semmering Pass, passing the Alps, the Tyrol region, Engadine Valley and the Grison Alps.
- Neuschwanstein: Visit the archetypal fairy-tale castle that allegedly inspired many of Walt Disney’s castles. Led by a local historian, walk through the magnificent halls, take in the lavish decoration and enjoy spectacular views.
- Salzburg: Join your Local Expert to visit the formal gardens of Mirabell Palace and Residence Square – both locations used in ‘The Sound of Music.’ You will also see the imposing fortress, the immense cathedral and Mozart’s birthplace on the lively Getreidegasse.
- Vienna: During your orientation led by your Travel Director, travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Kindberg: During your orientation see the colourful maypole.
- St Veit an der Glan: During your orientation learn about this historic town.
- Innsbruck: Enjoy an orientation with your Travel Director as you walk the narrow streets of the Old Town, lined with medieval houses and arcades, to see the Golden Roof.
- St Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts, in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, on a regional train fully powered by hydroelectricity.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Stanserhorn: Journey to the top of Mount Stanserhorn on a panoramic, open-top cable car powered by solar energy, and enjoy spectacular views from the summit.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Fun-Loving Munich
Jewels of the Bavarian Alps
The City of Mozart and on to Vienna
Vienna and the Habsburgs
Sleepy Austrian Byways to St. Veit an der Glan
The Dolomites to Innsbruck
The Engadine Valley and Chic St. Moritz
All aboard the Glacier Express and on to Lucerne
Dinner at the ‘Roof of Europe’ in Stanserhorn.
Leave Lucerne for Zurich